I spent 3 hours in Wal Mart yesterday (aaaah!!) raiding the travel section and the clearance shirts, and got everything I needed for one low price! (I say this with a hint of sarcasm. Who knew free trips were so expensive?!) So I spent the rest of the evening trying to pack everything. Space is not the issue. Everything I have will fit easily into my suitcase, but the problem is weight restriction.
After checking the airline rules, I learned that we are limited to one checked bag of a maximum of 50 lbs, plus carry on. The task of fitting 7 weeks worth of stuff into 50 lbs is very daunting, and last night seemed impossible. But I think I managed to do it!
Yep, 7 weeks worth of shampoo, conditioner, soap, clothing, coveralls, clinician's jackets, scrubs, etc etc etc etc have all managed to make it into the bag. My carry on is full of snack foods, plus all the electronics, a change of clothes, and few books. It's heavy, and I'm sure I'll want to unload it all, potentially cramming my face full of granola and candies by the time we get to Frankfurt in an effort to lighten the load.
In other news, I spent the morning helping Brad add some pictures to his classroom walls. He had a lot of bare space to fill, so he printed hundreds of pictures from all things world history, and we spent the morning with poster putty and wall mounting tape.
He had the really cool idea to get a world map and surround it with flags of the countries from which he has had students (plus a few countries that just have cool flags). It turned out really great! I'll have him take photos for your viewing pleasure.
We leave for India in 21 days!!
No comments:
Post a Comment