(note I posted two entries at once. Read the one below this one first!)
We had our orientation at TANUVAS this afternoon, where we got our schedule for the 7 weeks and took a tour.
We had our orientation at TANUVAS this afternoon, where we got our schedule for the 7 weeks and took a tour.
The Schedule:
7/2 – 7/17: Clinical training at TANUVAS (on 7/13-14 we each must present a case).
7/18-7/19: Attend international conference on “Frontiers of Stem Cell and Biotechnology in Human and Vet Med.”
7/20-7/24: Field trips to horse race course, research labs, Vandalur zoological garden, Livestocke Research Station, Snake Park, reptile farm, and stud farm.
7/25-7/27: Clinical training in Namakkal.
7/28-7/29: Field visits to VUTRCs Trichy and Tanjore et al.
7/30-8/1: Clinical training in Namakkal and field visits.
8/1: Leave to Indira Gandhi National Park & Wildlife Sanctuary, Topslip and overnight stay.
8/2-8/4: Study tours in SBRS, Sandynallah, and Ooty.
8/4-8/6: Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary and Ooty.
8/7: Leave for Kanyakumari.
8/8-8/11: Visit to VUTRC, Nagercoil, field trips.
8/12-8/13: Final Exam (aaaah!) and end of programme.
8/14-8/17: Free time (to Jaipur and Agra) and return trip HOME!
My camera is starting to act funny. Sometimes it will immediately turn back off after I turn it on. I got it working again for the time being, and I hope it decides to behave until I get home!
The internet is completely down. The Michigan State kids have a broadband card, and let me borrow some time with it. I used it to Skype Brad. I feel way better getting to speak to him face to face for the first time since I got here. I think now I will be able to sleep tonight! And we will be investing in a community broadband card as soon as we figure out how to get one.
So tomorrow morning we will be hanging out in the Small Animal Clinic from 8:00-11:30 (actually, Fessica Kraft will, the weirdest typo of my name ever), and then we are off until Monday (unless there is a cool case or something we could get in on tomorrow afternoon).
| A view from outside the Guest House (the building where meals are served) |
| Part of the Vet School |
| A view of our rooms (second floor all the way to the left is where I am staying, with Jenny and Janah) |
| Our Transportation |
That’s it for now! Will try to post these entries in the morning. I’ve heard the internet is more likely to be working then.
Sounds like fun so far, Fessica!! :) It was funny, I read it so fast, like I was going to lose the connection or something! With all that to do, the time is likely to go pretty fast! Jeff has asked for you to bring him home some coffee beans, I guess he had heard about the coffee!! You're likely to be spoiled on coffee, and food in general after having been there! Update us when and if you can, it sounds like you are having fun already! I'm right there with you!! I love you! ~Mom
ReplyDelete