We finally started out large animal rotations today! And we saw a lot of interesting cases (though I'm pretty sure anything would have amused me. I am thrilled to finally be with the bovines)!!
 |
| I don't know what she was there for. I just like her face. |
 |
| Donkey in a rickshaw! (taxi) |
 |
| A bull, not sure what he was in for. |
 |
| Mastitis |
 |
| Calf with a joint abscess (which we saw them pull about 2 ft of gauze out of!!) |
 |
| Another buffalo. This one was very sweet, and curious! |
 |
| The texture of a water buffalo up close :) |
 |
| The world's LOUDEST goat! |
 |
| Cow with mange. |
Yesterday afternoon we spent in pathology viewing slides. It was a good review of clinical pathology stuff.
Trying to sort out exactly what is expected of us for these presentations, and tracking down the necessary case information is becoming increasingly more frustrating. I have been going around in circles for exactly one week trying to get the results of the distemper tests for my case. I finally found out the tests were positive, but there is no hope that I will ever see a report or any kind of work up on the tests themselves, or get any answers other than "positive." I just hope that whatever questions I am asked are basic, because I don't have enough information to get very deep into it. Most of the students have had months to work on these, and we have had only a couple of days!
We a re all looking forward to next week, when we start our day trips to zoos and animal parks. I think then we will be able to really enjoy India and all it has to offer, and hopefully the trip will feel less like a series of miscommunications.
That's all for now! I mainly wanted to share my large animal pictures with you!
 |
| A silly looking creature, and a buffalo! |
 |
| Too darn cute! |
These animals seem much more to your liking! I especially love your comment about the world's loudest goat!! He was obviously trying to get your attention and I guess it worked!! Are you allowed to post pictures of teets without a 'must be 18 years old' warning?
ReplyDeleteI love you!
~Mom
I am amazed at the wide variety of animals you are seeing. It's so cool that you can take pictures and share this with us.
ReplyDelete