We finished up our time in the vet school here today! My little goat buddy with the blocked urethra came back in, and I think he might be getting better. They have confirmed that the blockage is farther up, and took radiographs to figure out what is going on. Hopefully he will receive the care he needs and recover fully! I sure was glad to see him today.
 |
| Little blocked goat buddy |
 |
| She was in for a hoof trim. Very sweet! |
 |
| And check out the wattles! (Little dangly bits whose purpose I have yet to discover, present in some goats) |
 |
| I think it's time for someone to be weaned! |
 |
| Buffaloes are sort of ugly creatures (though I think they are also adorable), but this one takes the cake!! |
 |
| A basset mom and pups! |
 |
| Would you believe this is a SHEEP? It's not a goat, but a local breed of sheep! |
And check out this unnecessarily loud goat! He wasn't hurt, just didn't like being away from his owner. He quit whenever she came around!
This afternoon we went shopping, and I got some REALLY cool stuff, including something awesome for Brad. I think he is going to LOVE it!! Most of what I got came from the Victoria Technical Institute, where there are a lot of hand carved and handmade items. Some of the stuff there was incredible, and makes me want to come back with a lot more money in a few years, just for the shopping! (sorry for the terrible picture quality.)
 |
| Sorry, Brad. This isn't what I got you. It was too big to fit in my suitcase :) |
 |
| Dr. Nathan, being a good sport. |
 |
| Shopping for saree fabrics (I still didn't buy any) |
Tomorrow we are spending the day in Ponticherry. Will keep you all posted!
Somehow I missed the very first update, until I read it again!! I'm glad too that you got to see your goat buddy again, it just goes further to prove that what you anticipated was absolutely correct!! Aren't you something!! I love the basset puppies, and will not be overly surprised to see them in your suitcase when you get back home!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm still all the way over here on the other side of the world, hanging on to every word and update you send our way...I so appreciate you making the time to keep us here in the USA up to date on all your activities!!
I love you!
~Mom
Congrats Jess!! You are now an international success = ) I am loving reading about your adventures and life in Chennai. I can't wait to hear more stories when you are back.
ReplyDeleteContinue to stay safe, have fun, and learn a lot - what an awesome opportunity for an awesome lady!!
Hugs,
Shelly